Name: 2nd Beeston Sea Scouts
Address: Lilac Grove HQ, Beeston, Nottingham NG9 1PF
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Online identifiers (IP addresses/cookies)
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Completing forms on our website (for example gift aid or a donation)
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Our website is hosted by Krystal Hosting. They keep records of activity on visits to our website. This is considered as personal data as it may be possible to link an IP address to a specific person at a specific time.
We use the information that you have given us in order to improve our offering to young people, to fundraise or process donations for the group, and also to contact you should you have requested this. In some instances such as when Scout sections are full, with your consent we will hold your personal details so we are able to contact you when a space becomes available.
We may share this information with external fundraising bodies or with The Scout Association.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Article 6, the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are set out below. At least one of these will apply when we process your personal data.
(a) Your consent. (You have given us clear consent to process your personal data for a specific purpose) Please note, you can withdraw consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
(b) We have a contractual obligation. (The processing is necessary for a contract you may have with us)
(c) We have a legal obligation. (The processing of data is necessary for us to comply with the law)
(d) We have a vital interest. (the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life)
(e) We need it to perform a public task (The processing is necessary for us to perform a task in public, or for an official function)
(f) We have a legitimate interest. (The processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, unless there is a good reason to protect the your personal data which overrides those legitimate interests)
How we store your personal information
- Your information is securely stored using our web hosting provider Krystal Hosting via web cookies, and using Secure Online Cloud Storage through Nextcloud and Google.
- We will keep your data for up to 6 years unless it is necessary for us to keep it for longer (for example if we need to hold details of a donation for tax purposes). We will then dispose your information by deleting it from our Online Secure Storage. If we hold paper records, these are destroyed.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Further information on website data collection
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.